SPRING 2011 Commencement Overview
Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10 a.m.
in the Retriever Activities Center (RAC)
(Procession begins at 9:50 a.m.)
The Day of the Ceremony
Frequently Asked Questions
For More Information
Please read the Commencement web site in its entirety for detailed information, but here are some key points:
- Doors to the RAC open at 9 a.m.
- Procession begins at 9:50 a.m.
- No tickets are required for the Graduate School Commencement ceremony.
- Graduates’ personal belongings must be left with friends or family members as there is no secured location for items to be stored at the RAC.
- Be prompt! Keep in mind that traffic in the Baltimore area may be congested. Please allow time to locate parking and to walk to the RAC.
THE DAY OF THE CEREMONY
Doors to the Retriever Activities Center (RAC) Arena will open at 9 a.m. Commencement procession begins promptly at 9:50 a.m. In observance of the National Anthem, guests will not be seated while the anthem is performed. When the doors reopen following the singing of the National Anthem, guests will be seated as space permits.
The Commencement ceremony lasts approximately 90 minutes. Out of courtesy and respect for fellow graduates, do not leave early. Graduates are expected to remain for the entire program. Smoking is not permitted inside the RAC.
There is no Commencement rehearsal. Instructions for line-up, procession and the awarding of degrees should be followed carefully.
For guests with special needs, such as hearing or mobility impairments, please see Special Accommodations Seating for Guests.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does the ceremony last?
Do I need to wear a cap and gown?
Is there a graduation rehearsal?
Where should my guests park?
Is special seating available for a guest in a wheelchair or with other special needs?
When do I receive my diploma?
How do I join the Alumni Association?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have specific questions regarding the Graduate School Commencement ceremony, contact Lisa Morgan in the Graduate School at 410-455-8142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.