Parents of Prospective Students
Parents of Meyerhoff Scholars continue to play an integral part in their student's success even after acceptance into the program. The program's family-like environment creates a campus-based support system that is available to students and parents alike. Meyerhoff staff members are just a phone call or email away. Parents remain actively engaged in the success of their student throughout his/her tenure at UMBC.
Many parents become involved in the Meyerhoff Parents Association, which serves as a fundraising and mutual support resource.
Parents of prospective Meyerhoff Scholars may be interested in the following information:
- How to Apply - learn about program eligibility requirements and step-by-step information about the application process, as well as access to pertinent forms
- Scholar Experience - obtain information on current Meyerhoff Scholars, their research, and the level of faculty support inherent in the program, as well as spotlight profiles on several Meyerhoff alumni
- About UMBC - discover more about UMBC, its mission and vision, visitor information, and links to the university's latest news and achievements
- Meyerhoff Parents Association - see how Meyerhoff parents are involved in the program; learn about the association's mission and scheduled activities; and flip through a photo gallery of past events
- Frequently Asked Questions - this list of frequently asked questions and their answers was compiled for the most part by the parents of current and former Meyerhoff Scholars
- Parents' Presentation from Selection Weekend 2013
Every member of the Meyerhoff community has projected a sense of family and support. The demands on the students are great, but the support and mentoring is invaluable."
Mike and Carol Lamont (parents of M20)