- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive Offerors equal consideration insofar as the
established policies of my institution permit, and regard each transaction
on its own merits.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere
of mutual confidence and integrity, void of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the
medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample
of the product.
- Use only by consent original ideas and designs devised by one vendor
for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit
to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other
third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution
- Cooperate with trade and industrial associations, governmental and
private agencies engaged in the promotion and development of sound business
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity
With regard to matters that may involve a conflict of interest within
the Department, such matters should be brought to the immediate attention
of the Director.