Building a Community of Women in STEM at UMBC
- To build a network of information, support and encouragement for women faculty and students in STEM disciplines.
- To work with the Faculty Development Center, ADVANCE Program and Center for Women and Information Technology (CWIT) to provide mentoring and development opportunities to advance the careers of junior and senior faculty women in STEM.
- To promote and support the involvement of women in research activities in STEM at UMBC and beyond.
- To serve as a forum for the discussion of important issues and the development of policy relevant to women faculty and students in STEM.
- To advocate on behalf of women with regard to issues of concern to women in STEM at all levels of the institution.
- To assist departments and the administration in successful recruitment and retention of women faculty in STEM at UMBC.
- To organize educational awareness activities through programming that highlights accomplished women in science and engineering and current research on gender equity issues in STEM.