Admissions: Master in Professional Studies, Biotechnology
Master's Admissions Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or chemical/biochemical engineering or other bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- GREs are not required
Applications for the Masters program are accepted for the fall semester. We only accept applications in the fall since the first science course in the sequence begins than. In certain cases, determined by the Program Director, students may begin in the Spring and take management courses.
All international students should refer to international admission page for admissions information.
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program code PRST and track code BT.
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three recommendations
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
Note: In addition to the documents above, all applicants are required to submit an industry formatted resume. Applicants will be contacted by the department regarding submission details.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250