Biotechnology Graduate Program Admissions: Master's Degree
The application deadline for Spring 2018 is December 1
Spring 2018 Classes Start: January 29
The application deadline for Fall 2018 is August 1
Fall 2018 Classes Start: August 29
Biotech Programs Admissions Requirements:
An undergraduate degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or other Bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
Applications for the Master's program are accepted for the Fall semester only since the first science course in the sequence begins then.
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Biotechnology >> Biotechnology (PRST MPS)
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three recommendations
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Industry formatted resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Nancy Clements or call 410-455-5536.