[Please forward this job posting to potential candidates and note the Friday, November 2 nd application deadline. Thanks]
Alliance for Nuclear Accountability
Washington, DC Intern Job Description
The full-time intern will be hired for a six month term, beginning in November and ending in April, and based in the Washington, DC office of the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability (ANA). ANA is a progressive network of 35 organizations working in the shadows of the nuclear weapons complex to protect public health and the environment by addressing nuclear weapons and waste issues. The Intern's primary responsibility will be to support ANA in the organizing of its annual DC Days advocacy program, making arrangements for congressional visits, organizational meetings and receptions. Additionally, the intern's responsibilities will be to support the work of ANA and its member organizations and assist the Program Director in the daily and program operations of the DC office. The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Program Director, and will make periodic reports to the Director.
DC Days (65-70%). Working with the DC Days planning committee, the Intern will be given extensive responsibilities for organizing ANA's annual DC Days, including:
* All logistical arrangements for this five day event
* Facilitate grassroots activists' participation
* Arrange congressional and administrative meetings
* Organize Congressional reception
* Organize educational training event
Issue Work (15-20%)
* Attend DC meetings and hearings for informational, coordination, and research purposes
* Assist in tracking legislation and reporting to ANA members
* Assist with maintenance of ANA website
* Conduct research and write reports, as needed
Administrative Work (10-15%)
* General office administration tasks, including: answering phones, copying, filing
* Help maintain office supplies
* Backup of computer files
$1,600 per month stipend.
Alfred Meyer, Program Director
202-544-0217 x 180
Please email: cover letter, resume, a 3 to 5 page writing sample and 3 references.
Deadline, November 2, 2007