Dr. Jason Loviglio,
Hi my name is Jess Blumberg and I'm currently the associate editor at Baltimore magazine. I'm not sure if you have heard of the organization Ed2010 or not, but it's a group of magazine editors and editor-wannabes that was started in New York City. They have networking events, host panel discussions and generally offer help to those in the magazine industry. Currently, there are 20 chapters around the country, but not one in Baltimore. So I have decided to start one up.
Right now I am putting the word out there that I will be hosting events for the magazine community in Baltimore. I wanted to let communications professors at UMBC know so they can pass the word along to their students. Please encourage them that anyone interested in a magazine editing career is welcome to attend. The events would be about once every 2-3 months at a bar or restaurant in town and the purpose would be to just get to know others in the magazine community and let aspiring editors get a chance to network. Please pass this along to your students and tell them to email me if they're interested.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thanks so much!
Ed2010 Baltimore Chapter Hostess
Ed2010 is a networking and mentoring organization
committed to helping aspiring and junior-level editors
reach their dream magazine jobs.
OIL CHANGE INTERNATIONAL
CAMPAIGNS & OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
Work in a fun, fast-paced small non-profit with energetic, talented professionals. Take ownership of exciting outreach events and support staff on a range of program, outreach and fundraising projects.
Oil Change International campaigns to expose the true costs of oil and facilitate the coming transition towards clean energy. We are dedicated to identifying and overcoming political barriers to that transition.
DURATION & Location
Flexible begin and end dates; now accepting applicants for Summer 2008. Hours are flexible and will range from 20-40 hours per week. - Position based in Washington, DC.
Monthly $1000 Stipend provided. College credit if your institution permits.
- Develop OCI online outreach by assisting the reorganization and design of the OCI website, identifying tools for online visibility, and managing OCI's presence on Facebook, MySpace, Change.org, and other Web 2.0 outlets.
- Support OCI fundraising by processing donation acknowledgment letters and tshirt orders, investigating leads on individual high donors, and developing branding items.
- Assist OCI membership and program management by conducting routine list maintenance, assisting with materials development, and providing assistance as needed on administrative tasks.
-Assist & participate with OCI Staff on program & actions, from development to implementation, as needed .
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current energy, environmental and peace issues;
-commitment to progressive politics & values:
- Outstanding writing and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with Web 2.0, HTML, or database management;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor a must.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, 3 contacts for references, and a short (less than 2 page) writing sample to Trina Zahller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oil Change International