OIL CHANGE INTERNATIONAL
CAMPAIGNS & OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
Work in a fun, fast-paced small non-profit with energetic, talented professionals. Take ownership of exciting outreach events and support staff on a range of program, outreach and fundraising projects.
Oil Change International campaigns to expose the true costs of oil and facilitate the coming transition towards clean energy. We are dedicated to identifying and overcoming political barriers to that transition.
DURATION & Location
Flexible begin and end dates; now accepting applicants for Summer 2008. Hours are flexible and will range from 20-40 hours per week. - Position based in Washington, DC.
Monthly $1000 Stipend provided. College credit if your institution permits.
- Develop OCI online outreach by assisting the reorganization and design of the OCI website, identifying tools for online visibility, and managing OCI's presence on Facebook, MySpace, Change.org, and other Web 2.0 outlets.
- Support OCI fundraising by processing donation acknowledgment letters and tshirt orders, investigating leads on individual high donors, and developing branding items.
- Assist OCI membership and program management by conducting routine list maintenance, assisting with materials development, and providing assistance as needed on administrative tasks.
-Assist & participate with OCI Staff on program & actions, from development to implementation, as needed .
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current energy, environmental and peace issues;
-commitment to progressive politics & values:
- Outstanding writing and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with Web 2.0, HTML, or database management;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor a must.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, 3 contacts for references, and a short (less than 2 page) writing sample to Trina Zahller at email@example.com.
Oil Change International