MCS

MCS-Media and Communication Studies

About
Curriculum
Available Internships

What's New

« ***PAID INTERNSHIPS FOR MINORITY FRESHMAN AND GRADUATING HS SENIORS** | Main | Internship---paid--sorta---clean energy! »

Networking opportunity for aspiring editors!

Posted on May 7, 2008 8:50 AM |Permalink |Comments (0)

Dr. Jason Loviglio,

Hi my name is Jess Blumberg and I'm currently the associate editor at Baltimore magazine. I'm not sure if you have heard of the organization Ed2010 or not, but it's a group of magazine editors and editor-wannabes that was started in New York City. They have networking events, host panel discussions and generally offer help to those in the magazine industry. Currently, there are 20 chapters around the country, but not one in Baltimore. So I have decided to start one up.

Right now I am putting the word out there that I will be hosting events for the magazine community in Baltimore. I wanted to let communications professors at UMBC know so they can pass the word along to their students. Please encourage them that anyone interested in a magazine editing career is welcome to attend. The events would be about once every 2-3 months at a bar or restaurant in town and the purpose would be to just get to know others in the magazine community and let aspiring editors get a chance to network. Please pass this along to your students and tell them to email me if they're interested.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks so much!
Jess

--
Jess Blumberg
Ed2010 Baltimore Chapter Hostess
baltimore@ed2010.com

http://www.ed2010.com
Ed2010 is a networking and mentoring organization
committed to helping aspiring and junior-level editors
reach their dream magazine jobs.

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)