Meyerhoff Scholars Program

Meyerhoff Scholars

Resources For:

• About the Program
  • History
  • Model
  • Results

« SBTP Application Deadline Extended to April 15| Main | Save the Date: Minority Speaker Series, March 23 »

Every Dawn Brings Such Promise

This academic year will one day be a history of challenges met and overcome, of hard-fought struggles, of remarkable achievements. On this day, however, it is a blank slate, waiting for key personnel and cohorts from this program to make their mark. Perhaps the most influential cohort and persons of this academic year will be the seniors who are making their mark on the program and the university and are preparing to leave both better than they found them. Perhaps the most influential persons of this academic year will be our first year students who come to us enthused, determined, and destined to make a difference.

During the course of last year, we celebrated the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Program. As we embark on the next 20 years, the Program stands at this moment ready as it has always been to prepare young men and women to excel in academics, to display character and substance, and prepared to meet the challenges of our times. The Meyerhoff/MARC Scholars Program at UMBC has a long list of educated, honorable, and steadfast leaders – a list that will continue far into the future.

As the staff and I welcome all of you back to a new academic year, we want to remind everyone “To whom much is given, much is required.” We encourage all of you to allow this mantra to guide your thoughts, words, and deeds. Throughout this academic year, the staff is hoping that you will take the time to make a difference in the lives of others. We encourage this because not only is it the right thing to do, but because the more you assist and encourage others, the more you will come to appreciate what you have and the resources that are available to you.

At the end of each semester, we say to ourselves, “. . . if I had it to do all over again. . .” Well, here is your chance. Make it count! Welcome back!

LFT

Posted by Lamont Toliver on January 22, 2009 3:43 PM |

Comments ( 5)

Mens Health Care:

Losing weight without exercise is one of the most widely used statements in the weight loss industry. Is diet better than exercise? Is it possible to lose weight and keep it off without any kind of activity at all? Well, the answer to that is NO. Exercising is a very important factor and dieting alone will not help you lose weight. To lose weight you need to have caloric deficit. There are two ways how you can do that. One is to decrease the amount of calories you consume (eat less). The other is to increase the amount of calories you burn (exercise more).

Posted by Mens Health Care | October 12, 2010 12:46 PM

Posted on October 12, 2010 12:46

Thad Frans:

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

Posted by Thad Frans | December 24, 2010 4:54 PM

Posted on December 24, 2010 16:54

hypnosis:

Hi, - stumbled on your webpage by pure luck whilst searching across the internet this evening, and happy that i did! I do like the design and colorings, but I have to say that I'm having difficulty when it loads. I'm using iCab 4 web browser for mac, and the top panel would not lineup completely. i'm pretty sure employed the equivalent layout on a company's website, but the menu seems fine on mine. I imagine the fault is with my browser and I suppose today's the day to upgrade!

Posted by hypnosis | December 26, 2010 2:23 AM

Posted on December 26, 2010 02:23

Debt Collection:

This is good info! Where else can if ind out more?? Who runs this joint too? Keep up the good work :)

Posted by Debt Collection | December 26, 2010 8:51 AM

Posted on December 26, 2010 08:51

Backlinks:

Great blog!! You should start many more. I love all the info provided. I will stay tuned :)

Posted by Backlinks | January 6, 2011 12:01 AM

Posted on January 6, 2011 00:01

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

News Archives

News Home

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives

Subscribe to this blog's feed Subscribe to this blog's feed

What is this?

UMBC Meyerhoff Scholars Program | Academic Services 106C | 410-455-3139 | Email | Contact Us | Home