About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on May 26, 2010 10:16 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Flutes! Flutes? Flutes!.

The next post in this blog is Christie Finn, ('07, Voice Performance) performs with new music duo.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.34

« Flutes! Flutes? Flutes! | Main | Christie Finn, ('07, Voice Performance) performs with new music duo »

Michelle Ko receives U.S. Student Fulbright Program, Full Research Grant, Italy (October 2010- July 2011)

Michelle Ko
M.M./D.M.A. in Flute Performance
B.A., Music, Flute Performance
Summa Cum Laude
Hometown: Germantown, Maryland
Michelle Ko's interest in flute performance brought her to UMBC, defined her time here and will soon take her to Italy, where she will study as a Fulbright Scholar. She is a member of the Linehan Artist Scholars program and a Maryland Distinguished Scholar for talent in the arts. Her music fellowships include the Marrowstone Music Festival, the UMBC Chamber Players Fellowship, the National Symphony Orchestra Youth Fellowship and the National Trustees� Summer Music Institute. She also performed at 2009's Festival of New American Music in Sacramento, California. But her time at UMBC has not been all about music; she also completed fellowships at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Center for Biological Evaluation and Research and served as the Vice President of Recruitment for the Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority.

My phenomenal mentor, Dr. E. Michael Richards, guided me as a musician, artist and person. UMBC gave me ample opportunities to perform as a soloist, collaborate with faculty members, refine my technique, and develop my skills academically and artistically. I was able to hone my leadership skills that will benefit my future goals of university teaching. UMBC is a fabulous institution with an amazing faculty, plentiful resources and a wonderful ambience.