This position is open to UMBC STUDENTS only!
Position Name: Junior Systems Administrator
Department: UMBC Office of Information Technology, Core Systems
Location: On-campus, ECS201
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Junior Systems Administrator covers a wide-range of applications and duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the Core Systems (Syscore) group. These duties include:
- Processing and resolving student, staff, and faculty requests and issues pertaining to the systems and services operated by Syscore.
- Programming (Bourne Shell, Perl)
- Installation and maintenance of software packages.
- Installation and maintenance of Syscore server hardware.
The preferred candidate for this position should be able to demonstrate, at the minimum, basic working knowledge in the following areas:
- UNIX OS administration (Linux, Solaris)
- System services (SSH, Sendmail, Apache Web Server)
- Basic concepts of AFS file services
- Hardware handling
- Problem solving
Please submit your resumé with cover letter in PDF or Word format to Dale Ghent for consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.