Public Policy News
In the News: Marvin Mandell and Tim Gindling, George LaNoue, Dennis Coates, Laura Hussey, Roy Meyers
Governing Magazine cited the study "Private and Government Fiscal Costs and Benefits of the Maryland Dream Act" by Marvin Mandell (Public Policy) and Tim Gindling (Economics) in a story about how legislation like the Maryland Dream Act could provide an economic boon for other states.
George LaNoue (Public Policy) commented to the Cleveland Plain Dealer about the controversy surrounding a Cleveland city contract for a racial disparity study.
The Baltimore Sun quoted Dennis Coates (Economics) on fan reaction to an increase in Ravens football tickets prices after their Super Bowl victory.
Laura Hussey (Political Science) was quoted in a Gazette story about the local impact of the recent passage of the federal Violence Against Women Act.
Roy Meyers (Political Science) commented in a USA Today story about the hidden costs of sequestration.
- In the News: Marvin Mandell and Tim Gindling, George LaNoue, Dennis Coates, Laura Hussey, Roy Meyers
- Don Norris receives UAA recognition
- Tim Brennan receives Distinguished Service Award
- Eric Zeemering receives APSA award
- Professors release study on economic impacts of Maryland Dream Act
- Eric Zeemering talks about Baltimore's "strong mayor" system on WYPR
- Rebecca Missell selected one of New York Jewish Week's 36 Under 36
- Steven Hemelt receives New Scholars Award
- John Olszewski named to "20 in Their Twenties" list
- Marv Mandell receives Charles Woolston Award
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- September 2010
- August 2009
- April 2009
- October 2008