BELL Instructional Assistants support the Summer Academic Teachers and Enrichment Teachers in providing academic and enrichment lessons to summer scholars. As are also responsible for providing summer scholars with continuity and mentorship, key components of BELL scholars’ success.
Hours: Monday – Friday (7:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.)
Dates: June 25th – August 3rd
Training: (Three Weeks beginning June 4th)
Salary: $1500.00 plus $1000 Americorp Grant (go to www.summerlearning.org for more information.)
IF INTERESTED, E-MAIL CHRISTINE ROUTZAHN AT THE SHRIVER CENTER FOR AN APPLICATION (email@example.com).
• Assist teacher in classroom set up and responsible for breakdown of classroom each day; maintain classroom supplies.
• Conduct daily attendance checks.
• Assist academic & enrichment teachers in planning and delivering daily lessons, including photocopy lesson related materials, leading delivery of activities as planned with the teacher.
• Assist teacher in reviewing and correcting all homework, quizzes, tests, etc.
• Assist teacher in evaluating scholars and preparation of progress reports; assist in administering assessments, and creating portfolios; ensure that academic and social goals are achieved for all scholars.
• Assist in providing behavior management and behavioral interventions handle injuries and incidents reports.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Assist on all field trips with scholars.
• Collect and submit data for program evaluation.
• Act as a mentor and role model for scholars.
• Perform other duties as assigned.