Wyeth Pharmaceuticals is seeking a mechanical engineering student interested in the biomedical field to work as a summer intern at their Pearl River, NY facility. This position is paid and housing is provided.
The intern will be responsible for developing a series of Web-based training modules to be used by our in-house customers. These modules will cover the following:
1) An overview of automation concepts suitable for a skilled technician who is contemplating the automation of a manual technique
2) A training module for developing a proposal for some automation system. This module will probably have video components
3) An overview of BME’s TransActa line of robots for chemists and biologists.
4) Detailed training in the use the TransActa robots
5) Maintenance of the TransActa robot devices and installation of the software.
Educational requirements: Candidate must be pursuing a degree in an engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical engineering.
Candidate must be able create web pages and operate a video camera.
To apply, submit your resume to position 9232061 in UMBCworks or email it to Kerry Kidwell-Slak at email@example.com.