The Internal Revenue Service is recruiting undergraduate students of all majors for a paid 15-week long Spring 2010 internship! Accepted participants receive scholarships covering the costs of The Washington Center’s Academic Program in addition to providing furnished housing facilities during the internship. Interns will also be provided with living stipends.
· United States citizenship;
· Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program of any major with a GPA of 3.5 or above;
· Undergraduate students must receive credit for participating in this program (if you have questions regarding this requirement, please contact email@example.com);
· Available for a fifteen-week period beginning January 21st, 2010;
· Demonstrated experience and/or strong interest in working for the federal government.
· Preference will be given to students with evidence of community service or involvement.
How to Apply:
Students should fill out an online application at http://secure.twc.edu. Students create a login name and password. They should select “Internship” in the drop down menu. They should then select Option 2, “Government Scholarship Programs”. Students are asked to select our Department of Commerce Application, as we are currently in the process of updating our other application materials. There is no application fee for our Government Scholarship Programs. If students are prompted to provide payment information, they have selected the wrong internship application and should go back to select “Government Scholarship Programs”. Please contact Katie McKenzie at 202-238-7729 or Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are received. The final deadline to submit materials for this opportunity is November 13th, 2009.