Attention BTA, Accounting, Finance, ECON, PSYC, IS, and other interested majors.
Interested in a career with a fast-paced retailer who embraces change and creative thinking? As a Walmart intern, you will have the opportunity to gain a realistic job preview of working in a dynamic, fast-paced retail environment.
A Walmart paid internship will teach and give you practical skills above and beyond your classroom experience. You will gain knowledge and experience from the most successful and largest retailer in the world. Interning for Walmart will set you up for a bright and successful future and also give you the necessary experience to become competitive in future endeavors.
Interested students may begin applying for the Summer 2010 program by e-mailing your resume to Christine Routzahn at The Shriver Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or applying via UMBCworks.
Resumes may be submitted until February 28, 2010. We will have opportunities available in a variety of areas, including but not limited to the following: Merchandising, Product Development, Replenishment, Risk Control, Supply Chain and Transportation, Accounting and Finance, Information Systems, Walmart Store Operations (corporate), Benefits/Claims, Sam’s Club (corporate) and Human Resources. Note: All Corporate Internship Program positions are based out of Bentonville, Arkansas unless otherwise noted.
Minimum Qualifications for Corporate Intern Program:
• Entering or currently in your junior or senior year of college as of May 31, 2010 - OR –
• Entering or currently enrolled in a graduate program as of May 31, 2010 with limited work experience – OR –
• Have completed your degree, but are required to do an internship to receive your diploma
• 3.0 cumulative G.P.A.
Minimum Qualifications for Leadership Intern Program:
• Currently enrolled full-time in a MBA, Masters or Doctoral program as of May 31, 2010 - OR -
• Have completed your graduate degree, but are required to do an internship to receive your diploma
• 3-5 years of significant work experience and career progression in a similar business function
Note: Interns will have the options of starting on May 24, 2010 or June 7, 2010.