Read More UMBC News Blog Stories
January 20, 2006
UMBC presents the Phoenix Dance Company
February 8, 9, 10 & 11, 2006, 8 p.m.
Director of Arts & Culture
Note: You may download this release as a pdf file (6.5 Mb).
Renowned for its exploration of dance and technology, the Phoenix Dance Company features choreography by Carol Hess and Doug Hamby, and performances by Sandra Lacy and other artists.
The program will include:
- A new hardcore/punk work by Carol Hess featuring the chaotic and thrashy music by Baltimore band Lilu Dallas.
- Award-winning soloist Sandra Lacy in the highly expressive and provocative Underview by Lisa Race and Dissolve by Jeanine Durning.
- Floating Above, a sumptuous and thrilling duet with striking imagery and intricate partnering.
- The mysterious, jarring and dramatic Nacht by Doug Hamby, in which three women explore the confines of a surreal nightmare.
- A new work by Doug Hamby that explores the hot zone of connection between dancers to the music of Charlie Haden.
General admission: $15.00.
Students and seniors: $7.00.
Box Office: www.missiontix.com or 410-752-8950
Box Office: 410-752-8950
UMBC Artsline (24 hour recorded message): 410-455-ARTS
Media inquiries only: 410-455-3370
Images for Media
High resolution images for media are available online: http://www.umbc.edu/newsevents/arts/hi-res/ or by email or postal mail.
- From I-95 take exit 47B. Take Route 166 toward Catonsville and then follow signs to the UMBC Theatre. Parking is available in The Commons Garage.
- From I-695, take Exit 12C (Wilkens Avenue) and continue one-half mile to the entrance of UMBC at the roundabout intersection of Wilkens Avenue and Hilltop Road. Turn left and follow signs to the UMBC Theatre. Parking is available in The Commons Garage.
- Online campus map: http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/
Posted by tmoore at January 20, 2006 9:31 PM