Read More UMBC News Blog Stories
January 26, 2011
UMBC Presents Baltimore Dance Project in Concert
February 10, 11 & 12, 2011
8 p.m., UMBC Theatre
Contact: Thomas Moore
Director of Arts & Culture
You may view or download this release as a pdf file.
UMBC presents the acclaimed Baltimore Dance Project, the professional dance company in residence at UMBC, in concert on February 10, 11 and 12, 2011 at 8 p.m. in the UMBC Theatre.
Baltimore Dance Project returns with a mix of heart-warming, mind-bending, vigorous, inventive, creepy, and entertaining dance. The company features the choreography of artistic directors Doug Hamby and Carol Hess, "two of the most exciting choreographers in Maryland," performances by award-winning dancers Sandra Lacy and Adrienne Clancy, and a crew of twelve outstanding dancers.
Featured on the program:
• The mysterious, jarring and dramatic Nacht by Doug Hamby, in which three women explore the confines of a surreal nightmare.
• Where Were You? choreographed and performed by Adrienne Clancy and Sandra Lacy (a Maryland 2010 Choreographers Showcase selection).
• Private Property, an edgy dance by Carol Hess about personal space and voyeurism, featuring a dancer and camera artist/filmmaker interacting with live, real-time large scale video.
• A new work by Doug Hamby.
• A new work by Carol Hess.
• A new work featuring Sandra Lacy.
General admission: $15.00. Students and seniors: $10.00. UMBC students: $7.00.
Box Office: www.missiontix.com or 410-752-8950.
UMBC Arts website: http://www.umbc.edu/arts
Images for Media
High resolution images are available online:
Photo credits: Enoch Chan, Lindsey Vait
• From I-95 take exit 47B. Take Route 166 toward Catonsville and then follow signs to the UMBC Theatre. Parking is available in The Commons Garage.
• From I-695, take Exit 12C (Wilkens Avenue) and continue one-half mile to the entrance of UMBC at the roundabout intersection of Wilkens Avenue and Hilltop Road. Turn left and follow signs to the UMBC Theatre. Parking is available in The Commons Garage.
• Online campus map: http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/campusmap/
Posted by tmoore at January 26, 2011 4:12 PM