Students eligible for this Program must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions
- Be an undergraduate student that has minimally completed the freshman year (30 credits) in the student’s declared major prior to participation in the program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
- Have a declared major in science, engineering, or mathematics appropriate to biomedical research
- Demonstrate an interest in science, research and related careers that is not exclusively focused on medical school; and
- Demonstrate an interest in the advancement of underrepresented groups in the biomedical sciences and mathematics
2011 Online Application is available!
Application Deadline: February 15, 2011 or until
the program is filled
Please complete your application using the official instructions at the
NIH/NIDDK STEP-UP Website:
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until
the program is filled. Top candidates will be interviewed and selected
students will be notified of their acceptance.