Stat 432- Statistical Computer Packages and Their Applications: SAS
Winter 2013 – Brittney Henegar
Upon completion of this class one should:
- be able to use basic data steps,
- know descriptive statistics procedures,
- know how to create different types of charts,
- know how to use SAS for hypothesis testing and regression analysis,
- be able to use random number generating functions,
- be familiar with SAS MACRO and IML (Interactive Matrix Language) features,
- be able to produce presentable SAS output.
List of the Topics Covered and Assignment Schedule
| Lecture || Day || Date || Main Topics || Assignments
|| SAS Basics: Data Step and Data Management
|| HW1 assigned
|| Descriptive Statistics, Creating Charts and Hypothesis Testing
|| HW1 due, HW2 assigned
|| Regression Analysis and Random Number Generation
|| HW2 due, HW3 and final project assigned
|| MACRO and IML (Interactive Matrix Language)
|| HW3 and final project due
|| Make up day, if necessary due to inclement weather.
UMBC Academic Integrity Policy
By enrolling in this course, each student assumes the responsibilities of
an active participant in UMBC's scholarly community in which everyone's
academic work and behavior are held to the highest standards of honesty.
Cheating, fabrication, plagiarism, and helping others to commit these acts
are all forms of academic dishonesty, and they are wrong.
Academic misconduct could result in disciplinary action that may include,
but is not limited to, suspension or dismissal.
To read the full Student Academic Conduct Policy, consult the
UMBC Student Handbook, the Faculty Handbook, the UMBC Integrity
or the Graduate School website
Copyright © 2007-2013
Center for Interdisciplinary Research and Consulting.
All Rights Reserved.