1. Reflect the particular diversity of local public schools. For teacher
preparation units in proximity to high-poverty, urban, rural, predominantly
Latino and African American communities, particular consideration should
be paid to: providing extended opportunities for professional development
with experienced teachers in locally diverse contexts as a standard,
integrated part of the pre-service experience.
2. Offer mutually beneficial professional development opportunities
for university and PreK-12 staff, learners, and pre-service teachers.
3. Reflect relevant theoretical and pedagogical principles of teaching
and learning that are specific to the diversity of the local context.
4. Illustrate productive relationships between school personnel and
community practitioners, organizations and businesses.
5. Promote PreK-12 student learning and attainment.
6. Involve university faculty from liberal arts and sciences.