Requirements for Admission:
- Students must be age 17 or older when they begin their program at the ELI.
- Students must have a visa or status that permits them to study in the U.S. (Note: the ELI does not accept applicants with B-1/B-2 visas. If you want to change status from B-1/B-2 to F-1, please contact the ELI for more information).
Apply now for the Intensive English Program or the Academic English Program:
Full-Time Application (in English)
Full-Time Application (in Chinese / 中国)
Full-Time Application (in French / en Français)
Full-Time Application (in Korean / 한국어)
This application is for:
- students outside the U.S.
- students now in the U.S. in F-1 status (Also complete this I-20 Transfer Form)
- students in the U.S. with other non-immigrant visas (B-1/B-2, J-1, F-2, and others) who wish to change to F-1.
Part-Time or U.S. Student Application
This application is for students with a visa status that allows part-time study, including:
- U.S. citizens
- U.S. permanent residents
- F-2 visa holders
- others with U.S. visas that permit study
(Note: Part-time study is not available for F-1 students.)
On-campus housing is popular and limited. If you want to live on campus, we recommend that you submit your housing application to ELI 8 to 12 weeks before your ELI start date. Learn more about on-campus housing here.
Mail your complete application to:
English Language Institute
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle, UC 207
Baltimore, MD 21250
We will mail your admission information (and I-20 for F-1 applicants) within 7 business days.