ABET or the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. certifies engineering departments in the United States.
The Chemical and Biochemical Engineering faculty, in consultation with program constituencies (see below), has established the following Program Educational Objectives. These broad statements describe what our graduates are expected to attain with a few years of graduation and based on the needs of our constituencies. To make them easier to remember, we call them the “Five C’s”:
Program Educational Objectives - "The Five C's"
Within three to five years after graduation:
- C1. Graduates will have demonstrated Competency in the Discipline of chemical engineering.
- C2. Graduates will have exhibited Critical Thinking Ability that has enabled them to solve complex problems.
- C3. Graduates will have successfully achieved Cooperation Goals through Teamwork.
- C4. Graduates will have demonstrated effective Communication.
- C5. Graduates will have exhibited the Capacity for Life-long Learning.
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Our MISSION is to instill a capacity for life long learning based on
competence in chemical engineering principles coupled with
critical thinking, cooperation and communication skills.