UMBC Engineering Management Graduate Programs
The Engineering Management Program at UMBC offers a Master of Science in Engineering Management and a Certificate in Engineering Management. UMBC's program combines a practical business approach with an in-depth technical concentration and emphasizes how to lead people and manage complex projects. Our engineering management courses are developed and taught by industry experts and are designed to address real-world problems in the workplace.
The Engineering Management graduate program at UMBC is designed to help maximize technical and business skills and is ideally suited for engineers employed in technology-oriented enterprises or government programs.
Why Engineering Management?
- The global environment demands skilled engineers who understand the essential principles of business engineering management.
- Combining technical and business skills gives engineers a competitive advantage. Engineering management professionals are trained to understand not just how a system works technically, but also how these systems fit in and relate to others.
- Organizations seek engineering experts who can understand the complexity of technological and business-related challenges and who can create solutions to solve them.
- UMBC's Engineering Management Graduate Program is led by a distinguished faculty of practitioners in the field.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC was ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report's list of "national up-and-coming" universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC's main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.