Admissions – Graduate Certificate
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or other physical sciences
- Overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4-point grading system) on the last two years of your B.S. course work and any previous graduate courses
- GRE scores are not required if you earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university.
- International students who earned a degree outside of the U.S. are required to submit GRE scores and TOEFL scores.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores should have a minimum combined score of 306. Verbal Reasoning should be at least 153 and Analytical Writing at least 4.5.
- TOEFL Scores: Minimum scores: 99 (iBT). Scores must be less than 2 years old.
- iBT Score Breakdown: Writing (23), Listening (23), Reading (25), Speaking (28, 23 acceptable if have 2 years work experience in supervisory or management position in the U.S.)
Applications are accepted year-round for the Engineering Management Graduate Certificate. Students may begin the program in the fall or spring semesters and the summer session.
To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs and use program code EMAN.
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online - Select Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- Complete a paper application (PDF)
The Graduate School requires all of the following to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement of academic goals
- Transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
- Current resume: Submit as additional document during application process or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
All acpplication documents should be mailed to:
Graduate School, Certificate in Engineering Management
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250