Admissions - Master's degree
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or other physical science.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be admitted to the MS program provisionally or to the Graduate Certificate program.)
- GREs and letters of recommendation are not required.
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission page for special admission information.
Applications for the Master's program are accepted year round. Students may enter the program in the fall, spring semester or summer session.
To apply, complete a Degree-SeekingUMBC Graduate School Application and use program code ENGM. Please use one of the following designations to indicate your intended engineering track:
- Chemical/Biochemical Regulatory Engineering - BI
- Chemical Engineering - CH
- Computer Engineering - CE
- Computer Science - CS
- Cybersecurity - CY
- Electrical Engineering - EE
- Environmental Engineering - EN
- Human Centered Computing - HC
- Information Systems - IS
- Mechanical Engineering - ME
- Systems Engineering - SY
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Two letters of recommendation (international students only)
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
All application documents should be mailed to:
Graduate School, MS: Engineering Management
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
With Program Director approval, up to six graduate credit hours may be transferred into this program. The credits must be for course material that substantially corresponds to the courses approved for this program and must conform to your elected concentrations. Students with an M.S. in Engineering may substitute three extra Business or Economics courses plus another Engineering course for the Engineering Concentration requirement.
Student financial aid is not available through this program. Since this program is designed primarily for working professionals, graduate assistantships are not available.
If you require further assistance, please contact Sonya Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-455-3899