The Student Life Ambassador helps create a welcoming, friendly, & helpful environment for all visitors and callers. Reporting directly to the office manager, the Ambassador is responsible for being knowledgeable about Student Life functions, is willing to go above and beyond in terms of helping visitors, and perform administrative office work. Additionally Ambassadors perform other duties that will assist staff in the operation, events and initiatives of Student Life.
1 Greet and welcome all visitors in an energetic, warm, respectful manner.
2 Share accurate information on the functional areas of Student Life.
3 Support programs and initiatives in partnership with Student Life staff (ie Involvement Fest, Homecoming, Awards programs, etc).
4 Provide information regarding campus involvement opportunities.
5 Support student organization officers in their daily responsibilities.
6 Assist with the research of ideas to improve campus services and initiatives.
7 Respond to student questions through a new online campus involvement pilot program
8 Answer telephone(s), provide information, direct phone calls and take messages as needed.
9 Provide front desk coverage and clerical support .
10 Sort and distribute mail and deliver items to campus partners.
11 Assist with ordering supplies and inventory control.
12 Monitor Student Life email accounts.
● Be available to work for the entire Fall and Spring semester;
● Strong oral and written English language and interpersonal skills;
● Proficient in Internet-based research, Microsoft Office products, myUMBC, Google Calendar and Gmail;
● Prior administrative, office, and/or customer service-related experience; and
● Prior campus involvement and knowledge of Student Life programs and events
Special / Preferred Skills:
● Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully and civilly with diverse individuals;
● Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills;
● Enthusiastic, welcoming personality and easily approachable;
● Desire to learn, engage and assist members of the office of Student Life, UMBC campus and partners;
● Ability to initiate and complete projects independently;