Registration and Withdrawal Procedures

How to Register

You may register for classes using myUMBC, a web-based system.

Registration procedures and instructions are available from the Office of the Registrar. The Schedule of Classes is available online.

If you are having trouble registering for a class:
Check to see whether permission required for the class(es) you are trying to register for. If permission is required, please contact the faculty member teaching the course for permission to register. Once you have obtained permission, you may register for the course.

If you are a non-degree student (SAS), make sure you check the Academic Calendar for the days you are eligible to register. Generally, non-degree students are not able to register as early as returning students.

Withdrawal from Classes

You may be eligible for a tuition refund for either withdrawing from classes or dropping some classes. The dates and percentage of refunds can be found in the current Schedule of Classes.

If you still have questions after reviewing the Schedule of Classes, please contact Melody Knox in the Graduate School.