Admissions: Master's in Health Information Technology
The application deadline for Spring 2018 is December 1
Spring 2018 Classes Start: January 29
The application deadline for Fall 2018 is August 1
Fall 2018 Classes Start: August 29
Health Information Technology Master's Program Admissions Requirements:
An undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Health Education, or a degree related to healthcare professional practice or healthcare management is recommended. However, degrees from other fields may be acceptable given relevant work experience in the health care operations field. The Master's in Health Technology program is best suited for applicants who have professional experience in the health care or technology fields.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience in the IT or Health Information Technology fields are strongly encouraged to apply.)
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information.
Applications for the Master's in Health IT program are accepted for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Health Information Technology >> Health Information Technology MPS
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Submit Experience Form as an attachment in “Additional Admissions Documents” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Experience Data Form
- Recommendation letters (optional)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
Application documents for all Healthcare IT programs should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Health Information Technology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance or would like to learn more about what makes UMBC one of the best Health Information Technology schools in the region, please contact Lisa Gambino or call 410-455-3034.