A Neuropsychological Approach to Aging Studies
In order to pursue a career in the field of Neurology, I will:
1. Gain a basic understanding of the field of medicine by fulfilling the pre-med requirements that will then qualify me for admission into medical school.
- CHEM 351: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 351L: Organic Chemistry Lab I
- CHEM 352: Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 352L: Organic Chemistry Lab II
- BIOL 302: Molecular Genetics
- BIOL 302L: Molecular Genetics Lab
- BIOL 303: Cell Biology
2. Study the field of neurology and clinical practices currently used in this field.
- BIOL 451: Neurobiology
- PSYC 448: Developmental Neuroscience
- PSYC 390: Neuropsychopharmacology
- PSYC 375: Neuroanatomy
3. Gain a basic understanding of neurology and neurological disorders, particularly neurodegenerative disorders from a psychological perspective.
- PSYC 370: Sensation and Perception
- PSYC 285: Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 307: Psychology of Aging
- PSYC 331: Experimental Psychology: Design and Analysis I
4. Examine how science and culture influence the etiology and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders.
- SOCY 430: Death and Dying
- HIST450: History of Medicine
- PHIL 470: Philosophy of the Mind
- ANTH 312: Medical Anthropology
5. Gain a basic understanding of interdisciplinary studies and its practices.
- INDS 330: Ways of Knowing
- INDS 400: Independent Study
- INDS 430: Business of Medicine
- INDS 480: Capstone Seminar
- INDS 490: Capstone Project