Public and Community Health
In order to prepare for a career in medicine I will:
1. Satisfy my premedical requirements and gain depth in the understanding of Biology and Chemistry.
- BIOL 303: Cell Biology
- BIOL 251: Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 251L: Human Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
- BIOL 252: Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL 252L: Human Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- CHEM 351: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 351L: Organic Chemistry I Lab
- CHEM 352: Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 352L: Organic Chemistry II Lab
- ENGL 231: Introduction to World Literature I
2. Understand psychological and sociological concepts in order to gain a comprehensive view of issues in health.
- PSYC 285: Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 335: Physiological Psychology
- PSYC 385: Health Psychology
- SOCY 351: Medical Sociology
- SOCY 354: Social Bases of Public and Community Health
3. Understand various issues in health, especially with regards to healthcare.
- HAPP 200: Human Development Implication for Health and Disease
- GES 329: Geography of Disease and Health
- PHIL 358: Bioethics
4. Study interdisciplinary methodology and issues in medicine by gaining an understanding of the interdisciplinary process in order to be able to apply it to my capstone project.
- INDS 330: Ways of Knowing
- INDS 430: Seminar in Interdisciplinary Studies
- INDS 480: Capstone Project Seminar
- INDS 410: Internship
- INDS 490: Capstone Project