Instructional Systems Design Intern
Company:Sandy Spring Museum
Location:17901 Bentley Road, Sandy Spring, MD 20860
Click Here for more information
The Intern will support the Education Department in the design and development of a 15-hour in-house training presentation for a one-credit Continuing Professional Development (CPD) curriculum for Maryland 9-12 grade history teachers. The training curriculum will be based on the use of primary source materials in the museum's collections. The intern will work with the Director of Education and Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) content specialists to determine the most appropriate subject matter based on the museum's collection.
The intern will advise the Education department on the most appropriate Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and assist in the possible transfer of the curriculum to an e-Learning platform.
- Use Instructional design and development methodologies to develop a CPD curriculum and training program
- Use appropriate software applications to produce interactive, motivational and engaging training products
- Advise on the implementation and administration of the LCMS
- Help with special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Understanding of MDE or MCPS Social Science curricula
- Familiarization with applicable development software for learning and content management systems and asynchronous delivery
- Motivated individual with an interest in K-12 education
- General knowledge of working with primary source materials
- General knowledge of museum practices helpful but not necessary