The next three pages contain guidelines for Federal Government Salaries. See Figure 1 to reference the salary. More detailed guidelines are located below the Figure 1: Salary Table. 2008 Federal Government starting or entry level salaries with a Masters Degree with no prior experience will be at the GS-9 level at $48,108.
- GS-7: Certificate plus a Bachelors degree
- GS-9: Masters degree only; or Certificate plus Bachelors degree plus experience in the field
- GS-11: Masters degree plus one or two years work in the field
- Above GS-11: Masters degree plus more than two years work in the field.
- Above GS-13: Masters Degree plus several years work in the field in both technical and managerial positions.
Figure 1: Salary Table 2008-DCB.
Table incorporates the 2.5% general schedule increase and a locality payment of 20.89% for the locality pay area of Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA. (See http://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/locdef.asp for definitions of locality pay areas.) Total increase: 4.49%. Effective January 2008. Annual Rates by Grade and Step.