Here's a list of resources you can contact for help finding strategies to deal with your academic difficulties:
- Academic Advising, Academic Services 102: academic advising (x52500)
- Academic Resource Center, Academic Services 102: (x52729)
- Career Services, Math/Psychology 204: Offers career counseling for undecided students or students who may not be engaged with their major (x52216)
- University Counseling Services, Students Development and Success Center 118: free and confidential academic, personal, and vocational counseling (x52472)
- The Learning Resources Center, ACIV 345: tutoring and study skills consultations (x52444)
- Student Support Services, ACIV 345: tutoring, academic support, and personal counseling (x53250)
- Biological Sciences Tutorial Center, BS 011: biology tutoring
- Chemistry Tutorial Center, Meyr 145: chemistry tutoring (x52504)
- Computer Science Help Center, ITE 201E: computer science help (x56336)
- The Math Gym, 4th floor of the Math & Psychology building
The Math Gym is an exciting new place at UMBC to "exercise" your math muscles. The Math Gym provides personal trainers to help you build up your foundational math physique and all mathematical skills necessary for success in your courses. We are open Sunday-Thursdays 5-9pm and on Fridays from 3-5pm. No appointment is necessary; just walk in and ask for a workout. Come join us in the math department lounge and see the results!
- Residential Life Community Directors, Erickson 184: assistance with residential issues (x53932)
If you are participating in a mentor program, talk with your mentor(s) for ideas about academic strategies.