Guiding Principles of UMBC Magazine
• Create and sustain a magazine and Web site that strengthens each UMBC graduate's intellectual and emotional ties to the University.
• Maintain the highest journalistic and literary standards. Stimulate thinking and expand perspectives.
• Reflect UMBC's strengths as a research and teaching university and as a diverse and global campus in the magazine's content.
• Imbue the publication with a lively design, incorporating high-quality photography and illustrations.
• Paint a picture of the campus as it is now; establish a sense of place.
• Report on the institution with candor and impartiality.
• Create forums that provide alumni with opportunities for self-expression, personal reflection and re-connection with other alumni and the wider university community.