The Consortium of Oral History Educators is a professional organization dedicated to the effective implementation of oral history as an educational methodology.
- To promote the development and the implementation of professional standards and ethics for student oral history research.
- To stimulate the acquisition of quality student oral history research.
- To provide opportunities for educators to meet and exchange educational strategies, information, and ideas.
- To promote research in the field of oral history as an educational methodology.
- To promote and assist the production of oral history curricula, publications, educational materials, and computer software.
- To provide educators assistance in the acquisition of project funding and resource management.
- To recognize the accomplishments of and present awards to educators implementing exemplary oral history instruction.