UMBC provides a wide range of music performance experiences, open to audition by both music majors and non-majors. Our Symphony Orchestra is also open to members of the community.
UMBC ensembles perform frequently on and off campus for the university and Baltimore-Washington area communities. Each ensemble director holds auditions at the beginning of the semester, and participating students are expected to attend all rehearsals and concerts to receive full credit for the course.
- UMBC Jubilee Singers, Janice Jackson, director
- UMBC Chamber Players, Airi Yoshioka, director
- UMBC Classical Guitar Ensemble, Zane Forshee, director
- UMBC Collaborative Piano, Audrey Andrist, director
- UMBC Collegium Musicum, Joseph Morin, director
- UMBC Flute Ensemble, Lisa Cella, director
- UMBC Jazz Guitar Quartet, Tom Lagana, director
- UMBC Jazz Small Groups, Tom Lagana & Matthew Belzer, directors
- UMBC New Music Ensemble, Tom Goldstein, director
- UMBC Percussion Ensemble, Tom Goldstein, director
- UMBC Saxophone Ensemble, Matthew Belzer, director
- UMBC Opera Workshop, Joseph Regan, director
World Music Ensembles:
- UMBC Gamelan Angklung, Gina Beck, director