Naxos music library
Search for recordings of classical, jazz, and contemporary music by logging into NAXOS Music Library on or off campus. Our UMBC subscription provides for only five simultaneous users. As soon as you are done listening, log off so another user may logon.
LOGON ON CAMPUS
logon from off campus
Workaround Instructions for Off-Campus Access of Naxos
- In your browser, go to http://vpn.umbc.edu
- Enter MyUMBC Username and Password, click Log In
- Once you login, you will see the Welcome to the UMBC VPN page
- Under heading Client Application Sessions click Start button to establish Network Connect. Respond Yes or Always to Setup Control warning window. You might be asked to allow the installation program to install Active X control "JuniperSetupSP1.cab". Select this to continue installation. (It may take several minutes to establish your first connection, but thereafter it is fairly instantaneous.)
- After connection is established, click on above link UMBC Library Homepage.
- On the library homepage, click Databases tab, then enter Naxos in the search box and click Find Databases.
- On the Find Databases page, click Naxos, whick will take you to the Naxos homeage.
- You are now able to select music, listen to playlists, etc.
- When you are finished using Naxos, disconnect from the VPN network. For PC: click on the gold padlock icon in your system tray to bring up the Network Connect window, click the Sign Out button. For Mac: bring up the Network Connect window on your desktop, click the Sign Out button.
For more detailed instructions, click here: