UMBC Transit provides safe, reliable, responsive shuttle and charter bus services to meet the transportation needs of the UMBC community. Shuttle routes cover residential communities near campus, as well as shopping areas surrounding UMBC.
UMBC Transit, a Department in the Division of Student Affairs, is funded by the University's Transportation Fee, which is assessed to the student population based on credit hour. All UMBC students, faculty, and staff are able to utilize UMBC Transit shuttle routes and services. Your UMBC campus identity card is required for boarding (with one exception: the intra-campus Wave 'n Ride route which is open to all riders and visitors to campus).
- Arbutus/ Irvington Line - serving the Arbutus & Irvington Communities
- Arundel/BWI MARC Line - serving the nearby Arundel Mills Mall & BWI MARC train station
- BWI / MARC Line - providing access to the BWI / MARC Train Station
- Catonsville Line - serving the Catonsville Community (Frederick Road business district) and Catonsville Community College bus stop on Rolling Road
- Halethorpe /Satellite Line - serving the Halethorpe Train Station, South Campus Satellite Lot, and Main Campus
- Route 40/ Rolling Road Line - providing connection to the Route 40 business district
- Wave 'n Ride Line - provides curb side shuttle service for any potential rider on the intra-campus looping route on part of Hilltop Circle Road and UMBC Boulevard.
For more information and transit schedules, please visit the UMBC Transit website: