International Keyboard and MS Word Help
keystrokes for accents, easier to remember.
Uses punctuation marks as a shortcut for accents.
Go to START-SETTINGS- CONTROL PANEL- LANGUAGE & REGIONAL OPTIONS-
LANGUAGES TAB - DETAILS
Click "Change" button if it appears.Choose English (US) as the input
Scroll down to English(US) and click on keyboard.Click Add.
In the input box,check keyboard layout/IME.Scroll down and select US
Click OK- Apply- OK.
Unfortunately, the input changes will not follow your profile - you will have to choose it each time you use a lab machine. Once you have set up the choice for the international keyboard,
you still have to highlight it- Click on the keyboard icon the bottom right for that.
For more information,visit this site.
The above site will also help you with installing other language
inputs,like Japanese & Hebrew. You will get
more information about it on our purple help card under the keyboard in the IMC. You are welcome to make a
copy of it - Please return it from where you got
it. Also we will have cards with layout available under the keyboard.
MS WORD SPELL-CHECKER FOR LANGUAGES
1) Remove "auto correct". Click Tools--> Auto correct options, and
the check mark in "show autocorrect options".
2) Type your composition.
3) Highlight all the text.(or click Edit, and then select all)
4) Click Tools, Language, and Set Language. For Word 2007 click on the review tab and click on globe icon
5) Set the language to the appropriate language. For Spanish, use
Spanish (Spain- Modern Sort), For French- France.
6) Click tools,options and Spelling and grammar.Set Grammar options to
"grammar and style"(in language)
For Word 2007, choose spelling
8) Reminder- you need to evaluate the suggestions given by the spell
checker- it is a machine and imperfect- just as the Engish spell checker is-
so don't just say yes to all the options it gives you.