UMBC will be closed from Dec. 24th-January 1st. We will resume making offers again beginning around January 6th – thank you for your patience!
Housing Offers (Priority consideration)
On-campus housing will be offered based on the following factors:
Things you can do if you are on the Waiting List:
- Distance from campus: Students living the furthest away will receive first consideration. Distance is categorized into the following four categories:
- A (0-8 miles), B (9-25 miles), C (26-50 miles) and D (51 + miles)
- Application Date: Within a given Distance and Class Standing we will look at application date to determine priority consideration.
- Priority for On-Campus Housing 2012-2013:
- Incoming Transfer students distance C/D
- Incoming Transfer students distance A/B
- Commuter students distance C/D
- Commuter students distance A/B
- Make sure your campus housing application has the most up-to-date data for you.
- Make sure you are checking your UMBC email account regularly.
- Make sure your contact information is updated in my UMBC so that if we mail communication to you it will be received.
We want to assure you that the staff of Residential Life and Off-Campus Student Services will work with you to help you manage this process as you prepare for the upcoming academic year.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone (410-455-8832).