The fall 2014 housing application is now live! Please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Apply for Housing - Select the "Log In" link below to access the online housing application. You will be asked to enter your myUMBC username and password. (Do not give a friend or family member your username and password to complete for you.)
The application assists in the assignment and roommate matching process, so make sure you as the student complete this application honestly and accurately. You must apply to be eligible for housing.
If you decide to cancel your housing assignment for the 2014-2015 academic year please submit this information using myUMBC and clicking the “help” tab. Remember to include your ID number. Please note that the following cancellation fees apply:
- Cancellations before June 1st – you will forfeit your $200 housing deposit
- Cancellations between June 1st and July 1st – you will forfeit your $200 housing deposit and incur an additional $200 cancellation fee
- Cancellations between July 2nd and August 15th – you will forfeit your $200 housing deposit and incur an additional $300 cancellation fee
- Cancellations between August 16th and August 30th – you will forfeit your $200 housing deposit and incur an additional $350 cancellation fee
Step 2: Sign Online Housing License and Pay Deposit
- If offered housing, you will need to read and accept the terms of the Housing License online. If under the age of 18, upon agreeing to the terms of this license, you will need to print and sign the License Verification Page, along with a parent/guardian, and mail it to Residential Life.
- Login to MyHousing, click on the Licenses tab, click View Contract for the license you signed. Print a copy, have your parent sign and mail to 1000 Hilltop Circle, UMBC Residential Life, Baltimore, MD 21250.
- While paying the $200 housing deposit on-line using a credit card or electronic check is the most efficient way to pay the deposit, if you still prefer to pay with a paper check or money order you may do so by following these steps
1. Notify Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org by the offer due date in your email of your intent to mail a check.
2. Please make your check out to UMBC and be sure to include your campus ID (7 character ID) in the memo line.
3. Mail checks or money orders to:
UMBC Student Business Services
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Administration Building, Third Floor Rm 302
4. Deposits must be postmarked no later than May 1st, 2015.
5. You will need to come back to this online process at a later date – once we process your deposit, our office will notify you by email to your official UMBC account of when you can login again and submit the application.
Guaranteed Housing Offers (Full Academic Year Only):
All new incoming freshman who've been admitted for a full academic year and apply for housing by May 1 are automatically offered housing, but must complete Step 2 by May 1 to guarantee and secure their space. Please note that housing licenses are for the entire academic year (August - May).
What You Need to Move-In
Living Learning Communities
You'll want to personalize your space so it feels like Home. For your reference here is a What to bring List.
UMBC offers several Living Learning Communities (LLC) for students. To be considered for one of these programs you will need to
submit the LLC section of the on-line Housing Application. Essay questions will be emailed to you seperately for you to complete your LLC application.
Freshmen students have the option to live in Susquehanna, Patapsco, Chesapeake,
or Potomac communities.
Freshmen may live in other communities only as an approved participant
in a living-learning program.
VIEW OTHER LIFESTYLE OPTIONS
Nine-month continuous occupancy, Quiet Lifestyle floors
Click here to find out more about orientation and welcome week events:
http://www.umbc.edu/orientation Welcome week is a great opportunity to connect with
your fellow residential students so we hope to see you there!