Spring Closing (Summer Break)
Spring Closing Information
Residence Halls and Apartments close Wednesday, May 22nd @ 8 pm.
In order to support an environment conducive to study and to stagger check out times across the week, we ask students to move-out of their rooms within 24 hours after their last final or no later than 8 p.m. on May 22nd. All buildings close and residents must be completely moved out of their rooms or apartments by 8 PM on Wednesday, May 22nd.
Staff will provide students with a closing check list. Most students do a great job of preparing their rooms for check out. Since students won't be able to enter their old residence hall or apartment after closing, please check drawers, closets, cabinets, and wardrobes carefully before leaving.
Cleaning crews enter buildings immediately following closing and items left behind are discarded by housekeeping staff.
Remember students should schedule an appointment with the RA at least
48 hours before move out. At this appointment, the RA inspects room damages, takes room key and resident ID. Failure to make and keep a scheduled check out appointment is one of the more expensive check out charges ($50.00). Key and ID charges add up, too. Luckily, these are easy charges to avoid as long as students follow the check out instructions.
To speed up the check-out process and reduce unnecessary charges,
please complete this check-out list before your RA checks you
out. Please review the closing checklist for your community below:
MicroFridge Pickup Schedule
Pick Up Date: Thursday, May 23rd
Bedloft Drop-Off Schedule
Date: May 15th, 2013
Time: 10AM - 3PM
Location: True Grits Dining Hall (near the basketball courts)
Summer Mail Service
Don't forget about your mail! You must have a proper mailing address with the Registrars Office (5-3158) in order to have mail forwarded during the summer. Please be aware of the following Residential Life procedures as you plan to receive your mail during the summer.
- Spring semester mail service will stop on May 22. All mail will be held at the University's Post Office (ground floor of the University Commons) until June 1.
- First Class mail received after June 1 will be forwarded through June 30, 2013. Beginning July 1, 2013 all First Class mail will be marked returned to sender. Make sure your summer address is correct at the Registrar's Office so mail is forwarded correctly.
- Magazines and Newspapers (also known as Second Class mail) will not be forwarded. Please contact those companies directly to forward subscriptions to your summer address.
- Bulk rate and "junk mail" (also known as Third Class mail) will not be forwarded. Please notify anyone sending you bulk rate mail of your summer address.
- Summer Mail Service Flyer
Please note that Spring mail service will stop from May 22nd.
End of Semester Dining Hours