The “FXIT” line is the number you call to get a maintenance concern in your room or apartment fixed.
- For a facility emergency during office hours call the FXIT line, x5-FXIT (5-3948)
- For a facility emergency after hours call your front desk and staff will contact the Maintenance Assistant (MA) on duty.
Notice: By submitting a Work Order Request, I am authorizing uniformed university personnel, custodial service personnel or contracted campus vendors (pest control etc) to enter my room, suite or apartment to make the repairs requested. I understand, I need to be prepared for repair staff to enter my space by being fully clothed, remove any valuables or cash from plain view and to the extent possible, provide access to the area needing repair.
For questions about the status of a request call x5-FXIT (5-3948).
To submit a work order in Walker Avenue contact the Walker management office, x2-7541
Name, phone number, room number, UMBC email address and a detailed description. You will be assigned a “Work Order Number”. This number is EXTREMELY important. Please keep it until you are sure that your request has been fixed.
- All staff entering your room should be able to show University identification. For your security please request to see this before allowing anyone you do not know into your room.
- Depending on the severity and complexity of your request, staff will refer it to either a student MA, a member of UMBC’s Facilities Management staff or an outside contractor.
Submit work requests for all maintenance items to fxit:
- No AC/heat
- No hot water
- No electricity
- No lights or some lights out
- Plumbing issues/leaks
- Key/Door lock issues
- Pest control
- Laundry machine problems
- Window blinds
- Broken/cracked window glass/mirror
- Broken furniture
- Beeping smoke detectors
Contact DoIT for repairs to :
(5-3838 or www.umbc.edu/oit)
Emergencies and priority items will be addressed with 1-2 hours.
- Cable TV
Allow an average of three to five business days for completion of non-emergency items contingent upon the severity of the issue or problem. This list is not exhaustive.
Work affecting your ability to reside in your room/apartment will be given priority.
After Hour Emergencies After Hour Emergencies
MAs are on duty seven nights a week in order to respond quickly to emergencies. Call your front desk and staff will contact the MA on duty for you.
Some emergencies include:
- Broken Window
- Flood or large leaks
- HVAC Problems (No Heat, No Air Conditioning)
- Lock Problems
- Loss of electricity
- Only light source out