The UMBC Apartments are getting a makeover! Keep a close eye on this webpage for the latest info on the renovation project.
Phase 1: Manokin, Sideling, Breton, Deep Creek, & Elk
- Anticipated Completion Date: End of August, 2012
Phase 2: Pocomoke, Casselman, Patuxent, Wicomico, & Antietam
- Anticipated Completion Date: End of December, 2012
Phase 3: Sassafras, Chincoteague, Tuckahoe, Monocacy, Gunpowder, & Nanticoke
- Construction Begins: End of December, 2012
So What Exactly Is Being Renovated?
Here's a list of just a few of the new features that the renovated apartments will have:
- Building stairwells renovated to meet upgraded fire standards
- Apartment front doors now use keycard locks (bedroom doors still use physical keys)
- Apartments now equipped with ovens and table-top ranges
- New furniture in apartments
- New appliances in apartments
- New light fixtures in bathrooms
- New carpets
New Community Center!
Hillside, Terrace, and West Hill apartment residents will all be able to take advantage of the new community center now under construction. Equipped with a front desk, lounge areas, and a new and improved laundry facility, the community center will be a great place for apartment residents to meet, study, or just hang out!