Due to recent advance of computer technology, medical diagnosis can be benefited from computers which will assist doctors to analyze medical data and images in improving accuracy. It is particularly important for doctors to take full advantage of computer capability. Designing and developing computer-aided diagnostic tools or systems for medical images is a fast growing area in recent years. They provide radiologists with a second opinion to reduce false alarm rate and improve miss detection rate. RSSIPL has been working very closely with Dr. San-Kan Lee who is the Chairman of Diagnostic Radiology in Taichung Veterans General Hospital in Taiwan and Professor Pau-Choo Chung with the Department of Electrical Engineering at National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan on various projects such as computer processing of liver images, venous beading detection in retinal images and skin cancer detection.
- Chuin-Mu Wang, Applications of Multispectral Imaging Processing Techniques to Brain Magnetic Resonance Image Classification, June 2002 (co-advisor with Professor Pau-Choo Chung in Taiwan), Associate Professor of Electronic Engineering, National Chinyi Institute of Technology)
Ph.D. Dissertation in progress
- Hsiang-Ming Chen, Anaomlay Detection and Classification for Brain Magnetic Resonance Images, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University.
- C.M. Wang, C.C. Chen, Y.-N. Chung, S.-C. Yang, P.C. Chung, C.W. Yang and C.-I Chang, Detection of spectral signatures in MR images for classification, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, vol TMI-22, no. 1, pp. 50-61, Jan. 2003.
- C.M. Wang, C.C. Chen, S.-C. Yang, Y.-N. Chung, P.C. Chung, C.W. Yang and C.-I Chang, An unsupervised Orthogonal subspace projection approach to MR image classification MR images for classification,Optical Engineering, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 1546-1557, July 2002.
- C.-M. Wang, S-C. Yang, P.-C. Chung, C.S. Lo, C.-I Chang, C.C. Chen, C.-W. Yang and C.H. Wen, Orthogonal subspace projection-based approaches to classification of MR image sequences,Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 465-476, October 2001
- C.-M. Wang, S-C. Yang, P.-C. Chung, C.S. Lo, C.-I Chang, C.C. Chen, C.-W. Yang and C.H. Wen, "Orthogonal subspace projection-based approaches to classification of MR image sequences," Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 465-476, October 2001.
- J. Zhang, C.-I Chang, S.J. Miller, K.A. Kang, "A feasibility study on multi-spectral image analysis of skin tumors," Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 275-282, July/August 2000.
- J.-R. Tsai. P.C. Chung and C.-I Chang, "Robust radial basis function neural networks," IEEE Trans. System, Man, Cybernetics-Part B: Cybernetics, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 674-685, December 1999.
- E-L. Chen, P.-C. Chung, C.-L Chen, H.-M. Tsai and C.-I Chang, "An automatic diagnostic system for CT liver image classification," IEEE Trans. Biomedical Engineering, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 783-794, June 1998.
- C.M. Wang, P.C. Chung, C.-I Chang, C.-W. Yang, and C.C. Chen, "An orthogonal subspace projection to MR image classification, Fourth Asian Conf. on Computer Vision, Taipei, Taiwan, Jan. 2000.
- C.M. Wang, P.C. Chung, C.-I Chang, C.-C. Chen and C.-S. Lo, "A constrained energy minimization approach to MR image classification," 12th IPPR Conf. on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 83-86, August 1999.
- M.L.G. Althouse and C.-I Chang, "Use of IR spectroscopy for medical diagnostics," 1997 Annual National Heat Transfer Meeting, Aug. 10-12, Baltimore, MD, 1997.
Any comment for this web is appreciated.