Accelerated BS/MS Degree Option
UMBC undergraduate students have the option of applying to the Systems Engineering Master's program in their junior or senior year and earn up to nine credits towards the degree. Student's benefit by shorten the time to degree completion, experience the cost savings of taking graduate courses at undergraduate tuition rates, experience flexible learning options (many courses taught in evening or in hybrid format) and gain practical knowledge and skills.
1. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. If less than 3.0, admission consideration based on Graduate Program Director's discretion.
2. Apply and be admitted at least one semester prior to completion of bachelor's degree (preferable to apply start of junior year).
3. Maintain good academic standing throughout the duration of undergraduate degree.
- Contact Dr. Ted Foster, graduate program director to discuss interest and plan of study.
- Complete the Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Application Form
- Submit copy of undergraduate transcripts to Graduate School, Attn: Ms. Katie Lemich
- One semester prior to completion of bachelor's degree, submit an application for the Master's in Systems Engineering to the Graduate School. The graduate school application fee is waived ($50 online/$70 paper).
- Once admitted, complete transfer of credits form to Graduate School for nine credits.
For more information, contact Dr. Ted Foster, graduate program director.