Admission Information – Graduate Certificate
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or other physical science.*
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale, or equivalent, is desired. Applicants with grades on a scale other than 4.0, will be evaluated based on standards for the country of their degree.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores with a minimum combined score of 306 are desired. Verbal Reasoning should be at least 153 and Analytical Writing at least 4.5. GRE scores are not required if your undergraduate degree was completed at an accredited U.S. university.
- TOEFL Scores: Minimum scores: 99 (iBT). Scores must be less than 2 years old.
- iBT Score Breakdown: Writing (23), Listening (23), Reading (25), Speaking (28, 23 acceptable if have 2 years' work experience in supervisory or management position in the U.S.)
- IELTS Score: Minimum score of 7.5 required
To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs and use program code CENS.
Apply online or by mail:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement of academic goals
- Transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Current resume: Submit as additional document during application process or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
The Graduate School requires all of the following to process your application:
All application documents should be mailed to:
Graduate School, Certificate in Systems Engineering
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
The Graduate School will notify the applicant by mail of the final admissions decision once all required documentation has been received and reviewed.